ULI BC: The Impact of the Asia Factor on the Pacific West Coast
What to Expect
With international ULI delegates coming from the Pacific Rim including members from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and many more countries, ULI BC has put together an exciting forum with renown experts. Keynotes will speak to the dynamics of Asian investment in Canadian real estate with an interactive forum and audience engagement. This forum will educate, unveil truths, challenges of policy, and share ideas on investment trends in the Pacific West Coast.
Topics will include:
- What are the factors causing the increasing in-flow of capital into real estate in the Pacific West Coast and will this continue?
- What are the types of real estate products that the Asian capitals are seeking and why?
- What are the stumbling blocks for the in-flow of Asian capital and how can they be best managed?
- What are the markets competing for Asian capital and how are these markets better at attracting Asian capital than the Pacific West Coast?
Registration: 2:30pm to 3:00pm PST
Session: 3:00pm to 5:00pm PST
Reception immediately follows: 5:00pm to 7:00pm PST
Location: Fasken Martineau Offices, 29th Floor, 550 Burrard Street, Vancouver. Location will showcase the panoramic skyline of Vancouver overlooking the Burrard inlet.
Registration Fee: $50 Members / $70 Non-Members (USD) for session and reception
$25 Members / $35 Non-Members (USD) for reception only
Note: Refreshments and appetizers will be provided. Online registration is available through April 4th. Registration is available for either (a) session and reception; or (b) reception only.
Space is limited, so be sure to register early!
- Stephen Wong, Managing Director – Edward Wong Development Company
- David Green-Morgan, Global Head of Capital Market Research – JLL
- Vincent Tan, Director – Ayala Land, Inc.
- Brian Jackson, General Manager, Planning & Development Services – City of Vancouver
- Edmond Luke, Partner Asia Pacific Group – Fasken Martineau
- Lucy Fletcher, Vice President, Head of International Capital Group, Canada – JLL
Thank you to our generous sponsors for their support of this event!
We are confident this forum will provide great dialogue and engaging discussions. We look forward to welcoming seeing you on April 8th!
For photos from our event, visit ULI BC’s Flickr account here.