Congratulations to the following individuals selected to participate on the District of West Vancouver Technical Assistance Panel (TAP):
– Chris Fair, Resonance Consultancy Ltd. (TAP Chair/Facilitator)
– Darryl Condon, Hughes Condon Marler Architects
– Paul Lebofsky, Matrix Architecture & Planning
– Derek Lee, PWL Partnership
– Ross Blackwell, City of Campbell River
– Brian Wallace, BWW Consulting
– Dale Muir, Northwest Hydraulic
– Jonathan Tinney, AECOM
The Panel will be supported by:
– Jim Cox, Surrey City Development Corporation (ULI BC Advisory Board Member)
– Ruby Sandher, Township of Langley (ULI Young Leader Member)
– Josh Taylor, UBC (ULI Student Member)
The TAP will be held April 11th and 12th, 2013 at the Hollyburn Sailing Club in West Vancouver with a final report scheduled to be completed by the end of May. Stay tuned!
Summary of the Challenge:
The District of West Vancouver is in the midst of an effort to enhance and reinvigorate its Ambleside Waterfront. The Hollyburn Sailing Club has been an integral part of the West Vancouver waterfront for 50 years, however, the current facility is aging, blocks public access to the waterfront, and its boat storage area is not conducive to the image of the waterfront to which West Vancouver aspires.
How might this 17,369 square feet (1,614 square metre) site accommodate a new clubhouse facility and incorporate other commercial or recreational uses while addressing community goals for public access along the waterfront?
For information on Hosting a Technical Assistance Panel or participating as a Panelist – see http://britishcolumbia.sandbox.uli.org/uli-in-action/technical-assistance-panels/