At YVR’s Annual Public Meeting, Vancouver Airport Authority launched YVR 2057, a two-year planning and consultation process that is an integral part of creating our new Master Plan. YVR invites you to participate in this process.
The Master Plan will help guide Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to its future destination. To that end they are initially looking out 40 years to ensure that their 20-year plan (to 2037) will continue to meet the needs of British Columbians.
In the first phase of consultation they want to know about your vision for the future and how YVR serves that vision. They’re asking:
- What is your vision for the future 40 years from now?
- What do you think is needed to achieve this vision?
- What is the ideal airport of the future?
- How does YVR help meet/serve your vision of the future?
You can provide your thoughts by:
- Completing an online survey, available on YVR’s Master Plan website at YVR2057.ca.
- Participating in online discussion forums, also on their Master Plan website, focusing on key questions that shape their plans.
- Visiting Summer festival events throughout B.C. – visit YVR2057.ca for dates and locations.
- Providing a written submission by email at YVR2057@YVR.ca.
The first phase of consultation will end on September 30, 2015. In the second phase of consultation, they will take a more detailed approach about the future possibilities for the airport and they will ask how they support your future vision.
Download a brochure that provides more information about the planning and consultation process, and the opportunities to provide input. If you have any questions about the Master Plan or the consultation process, please contact YVR2057@YVR.ca or 604-276-6772. You can also visit the Master Plan website at YVR2057.ca.